The Cathedral of Constance (Konstanzer Münster in German) served as the central church of the diocese of Konstanz until 1821. Records indicate that in 590 the Alemannic diocese of Constance is established. The former bishopric of Vindonissa was replaced by Lausanne in the west and Constance in the east.
Rev. C. Arthur Lane Illustrated Notes on English Church History (London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1901)
Courtesy the private collection of Roy Winkelman