The Old East India House
East India House in Leadenhall Street in the City of London in England was the headquarters of the British East India Company. It was rebuilt by the architect Richard Jupp in 1799–1800. Much of India was governed from here until the British government took control of the Company's possessions in India on November 1, 1858. The building was home to the famous ceiling painting, 'The East Offering Its Riches To Britannia', painted by the Italian artist Spiridione Roma in 1778.