Armagh Cathedral Choir
The origins of the cathedral are related to the construction in 445 of stone church on the Druim Saileach (Sallow Ridge) hill by St. Patrick, around which a monastic community developed. The Church was and is the center of the Church of Ireland. The Church itself has been destroyed and rebuilt 17 times. It was substantially restored between 1834 and 1840 by Archbishop Lord John George Beresford and the architect Lewis Nockalls Cottingham.