Berkeley, Virginia (Near Harrison's Landing)
On December 4, 1619, a group of 38 English settlers arrived at Berkeley Hundred, about eight thousand acres (32 km²) on the north bank of the James River near Herring Creek in an area then known as Charles Cittie. It was about 20 miles upstream from Jamestown, where the first permanent settlement of the Colony of Virginia was established on May 14, 1607.
Benson John Lossing, ed. Harper's Encyclopedia of United States History (vol. 10) (New York, NY: Harper and Brothers, 1912)