Castle of Neckarsteinach
One of four standing medieval castles in Neckarsteinach, also known as "Vier Burgeneck" because of its four standing medieval castles, is a town in the Kreis Bergstraße, in Hesse, Germany. The town was originally called Steinach, when it received city rights in 1377 it was renamed Neckarsteinach. The Knights of Steinach, lived in the local castle at the time. Two of the castles are still occupied by residents, and the two others are in ruins.
DeColange, Leo The Heart of Europe from the Rhine to the Danube (Boston, MA: Estes and Lauriat, Publishers, 1883)
Courtesy the private collection of Roy Winkelman