Clippix ETC: An online picture service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse

picture sizes
The Brick Foundation Wall of the Curlee House

The Brick Foundation Wall of the Curlee House

This is the Curlee House, at 711 Jackson Street, which is also known as the Veranda House. The house was built in the Greek Revival style, in 1857. The veranda is supported by square, chamfered posts that are topped by a full entablature. At different points in the Civil War, this house served as headquarters for Confederate Generals Van Dorn and Bragg, and Union General Halleck. There is a brick foundation wall at the base of the building. There is a wrought iron railing running up the center of the brick steps that provide access to the veranda.
Galleries: Corinth, Greek Revival, Views of Houses, Exterior
Keywords: brick foundation wall, chamfered posts, corinth, curlee house, entablature, greek revival, house, mississippi, veranda, veranda house, verandah, wrought iron railing
Photo Location: Corinth, Mississippi
Photographer: Dr. Roy Winkelman
Date of Photo: 10/31/2011
Device Make: Canon
Device Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Exposure Time: 0.01
F Number: 22
Original Dimensions: 5616×3744
Picture Orientation: Landscape
GPS Coordinates: 34°56'03.32"N 88°31'20.17"W
Picture Number: 20617