Clippix ETC: An online picture service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse

picture sizes
The Duncan House  in Corinth, Mississippi

The Duncan House in Corinth, Mississippi

This is the Duncan House, at 810 Polk Street. This wood frame house was built in 1860, and was originally sited on Jackson Street. The home was built for William L. Duncan, in the Greek Revival style. The deep eaves, with paired brackets, suggests an Italianate influence. The roof of the porch is supported by boxed posts. Confederate General P.G.T. Beauregard used this house as a temporary headquarters, in 1862. At another point in the war, the Union General William Rosencrans may have used the home.
Galleries: Corinth, Greek Revival, Views of Houses, Exterior
Keywords: boxed posts, corinth, duncan house, eaves, greek revival, house, mississippi, paired brackets, pediment, wooden brackets
Photo Location: Corinth, Mississippi
Photographer: Dr. Roy Winkelman
Date of Photo: 10/31/2011
Device Make: Canon
Device Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Exposure Time: 0.01
F Number: 5.6
Original Dimensions: 5616×3744
Picture Orientation: Landscape
GPS Coordinates: 34°56'03.32"N 88°31'20.17"W
Picture Number: 20710