An online service of Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse
Frames per second – 29.97 |
File format – h264/aac
Yosemite National Park: Who would have thought that giant sequoia groves need to be burned in order to be saved? Learn how early park managers discovered the importance of fire the hard way, and see how today's managers carefully manage fires in Yosemite.
- Yosemite Presents, California, Environmental Activism, Controlled Burns
- california, controlled burn, fires, forest fires, giant sequoia groves, national park, prescribed fire, sequoia trees, sequoias, yosemite
- Date of Video
- September 24, 2004
- Video Location
- Yosemite National Park, Yosemite, CA
- 37°44'42.73"N × 119°35'53.6"W
- Courtesy of the National Park Service. For a large collection of audio and video podcast episodes on many classroom topics, visit the National Park Service on iTunes U.
- Movie Number