This website has a plethora of stories that have primary source documents, photographs, audio and video clips linked in context.
The user clicks one the colored word (link) and is taken directly to the picture, clip, or document.
There are featured stories that are tied to current events. There are also lesson plans available.
You do need to sign up to get access to all information. The membership is free.
- Cost: Free
- Skills Taught: Reading: Informational text
- Offline functionality: 0%
- Accessibility Issues: Flash can be an issue. Using the Skyfire app, I was able to open all videos that I used.
- Student Protection issues: There can be connections to social networks.
- Keywords: reference primary source nonfiction
- Requirements: Some videos require Flash.
- Type: resource recommendation
- Device(s): iPad
- Subject Area: Reading
- Category: Reference
- Grade Level: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
- Date Added: Apr 30, 2011
- Take Me To It