The complete CIA World Factbook at your fingertips, including extensive information on more than 250 countries and locations throughout the world. Whether you’re an avid traveler, a busy student, or someone who just likes to stay informed, this is the app for you!
*** WORKS OFFLINE - No internet access required; all content is contained locally within the application.
*** Content updated at least once a month. ***
• COUNTRIES / LOCATIONS:
- Flag w/ full description
- Color Map
- Transnational Issues
(field names within each category are linked to their definitions and existing rank order pages)
• REFERENCE MAPS
- Africa, Antarctica, Arctic, Asia, Caribbean & Central America, Europe, Middle East, North America, Oceania, South America, Southeast Asia, Time Zones
• RANK ORDER pages
- country comparisons based on presorted lists of data from selected Factbook data fields
- [International Organizations & Groups]
- [International Environmental Agreements]
- [Cross-reference List of Country Data Codes]
- [Cross-Reference List of Hydrographic Data Codes]
- [Cross-Reference List of Geographic Names]: cross-references a wide variety of geographic names to the appropriate Factbook “country” entry.
- [Notes and Definitions]: terms, data fields, and categories used throughout the Factbook
- [Weights and Measures]
- Cost: $0.99
- Skills Taught: Geography
- Offline functionality: 100%
- Accessibility Issues: None
- Student Protection issues: The only issue would be some content data like "deathrates" and poverty levels.
- Keywords: C.I.A. FactbookFactbookReferenceCountries
- Requirements: Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.0 or later
- Type: software
- Device(s): iPodTouchSixthGen, iPhone6Plus, iPhone5s, iPhone6, iPadThirdGen, iPad23G, iPodTouchFifthGen, iPhone5, iPhone4S, iPadFourthGen4G, iPadMini4G, iPad2Wifi, iPadMini, iPadThirdGen4G, iPhone4, iPadFourthGen, iPhone5c
- Subject Area: Social Studies
- Category: Reference
- Grade Level: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, Teacher/Administrator
- Date Added: May 3, 2011
- Take Me To It