Florida Digital Educators
The vision of the Florida Digital Educators (FDE) is to ensure that teachers and students seamlessly use technology as a tool to accomplish tasks through higher-order thinking skills within a disciplined study so that students will succeed in the global community.
- Students succeed in a changing global community.
- Engage the digital student.
- Prepare educators to empower learners to succeed in the global community.
- Empower educators to use technology to transform learning.
The mission of the Florida Digital Educators is to enable students to achieve world-class standards by transforming the learning environment through professional education, follow-up mentoring and support, use of digital tools for the creation of content, the development of collaborative communities and rigorous evaluation and research activities.
Goals of FDE
- Develop practitioners who seamlessly integrate technology into the curriculum.
- Facilitate systemic change to transform the learning environment.
- Advocate through effective communication.
- Share research-based best practices.
- Create and sustain collaborative communities.
- Promote authentic, student-centered learning.
- Improve student achievement of world-class standards.
- Create, promote, and expand access to digital content .
- Conduct program evaluation and research activities.
If you have any questions, please contact Michael Sweeney at email@example.com
For FDE workshop and institute opportunities, please see the Training section