Gulf County educators attend an FDE Teaching & Learning Institute.
FDE's Teaching & Learning Institutes bring educators together for four days, in a workshops environment, where they learn, share ideas, explore engaging teaching practices, and create projects using digital tools. Authentic projects developed during the institute are uploaded into our asset management tool where Master Digital Educators review and provide feedback which participants act upon to improve the quality of projects. After the institute teachers and school districts have continued use of the Asset Management Tool plus the use of FCIT’s Lesson Plan and Action Research Tools.
Become Florida Digital Educator Certified
- Attend an FDE Teaching and Learning Institute
- Create digital assets to be reviewed and approved (3 during the institute and 3 afterward)
- Participate in myFDE Community by reviewing assets of other participating teachers
- Create lesson plans to be reviewed and approved (1 during the institute, 2 afterward)
|2013 Summer Teaching and Learning Institute Locations|
|Polk County Schools||June 17 - June 20, 2013||
Jim Miles Professional Development Center
8:00 AM to 4 PM
Each institute is 4 days long from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm each day. Please note to come early on day 1 for registration, as you will need to receive your materials and sign in. Institute details, such as classroom numbers, parking information and more will be emailed to registered participants no later than one week prior to the start of the institute. The institute and workshop registration link can be found under the Training tab to the left.
What to Bring
Laptop- if you have one (Both PC & Mac are fine)
Headphones- if you have them (not required)
No food is provided. Please make arrangements for your own coffee, breakfast, lunch and snacks. The lunch break is one hour each day.
$500 per person
- Development of Educators Information and Communication Technology Skills that include the ability and knowledge to:
- Utilization of tool-based software:
- Word Processing
- Video Editing
- Digital Audio
- Utilization of hardware:
- Mobile Devices
- Interactive Whiteboards
The Level I Institute schedule is as follows:
- Day One
- Internet Searching, Safety and Copyright
- Word Processing and Presentations
- Day Two
- Charts and Graphing
- Day Three
- Digital Images and Video
- Digital Audio
- Day 4
- Action Plan for the Classroom
The Level II Institute schedule is similar, but develops more advanced skills, classroom integration techniques at the infusion level and incorporates active learning and lesson study.
|2010 Summer Teaching and Learning Institute Locations|