Twenty Talks to Teachers is a book written for teachers, young and old, to help further the development of both teachers and students in the classroom.
Source: Sanders, T. E. (1908). Twenty Talks to Teachers. The Teachers Co–Operative Company.
- A preface to the book.
- Chapter 1: "Am I Fit to Teach?"
- A chapter of guidance for the young teacher with self-doubt.
- Chapter 2: "Shall Teaching Be My Life Work"
- Evaluating whether teaching will be just a job or a lifetime career.
- Chapter 3: Securing a Position
- How the young teacher can go about finding a job as a teacher.
- Chapter 4: Passing the Examination
- How teachers, both young and old, can prepare for the formal examination.
- Chapter 5: Problems of the Young Teacher
- The mis-steps a young teacher can avoid while developing their own confident style of teaching.
- Chapter 6: Grading the School
- Evaluating a schools course of study and a subject criteria for improving it.
- Chapter 7: Opening Exercise
- A list and description of possible exercises that can be used to catch the attention of your students at the beginning of the school day.
- Chapter 8: The Spirit of the Teacher
- How the attitude of the teacher can affect the behavior of the students and the overall atmosphere of the classroom.
- Chapter 9: The Teacher's Library
- How a teacher can expand their knowledge base through the reading of many different literary sources.
- Chapter 10: The Teacher Outside the School–Room
- How the teacher's presence in the and involvement in the community is as important as their role in the classroom.
- Chapter 11: Good Teaching Conditions
- How the teacher can create an environment in the classroom that allows for the most effective teaching.
- Chapter 12: Keeping Good Conditions
- Methods for maintaining a tidy classroom throughout the school term.
- Chapter 13: What Makes a Good School?
- The many different ways in which a teacher can judge the overall quality of a school.
- Chapter 14: Ten Time Killers
- Ten habits to avoid in order to efficiently teach your students.
- Chapter 15: The Value of a High School Course
- A list of the reasons for and benefits of having a child take high school classes.
- Chapter 16: A Talk About Spelling
- Different and effective methods for instructing students in subject of spelling.
- Chapter 17: Arithmetic in the School
- Different and effective methods for instructing students in subject of arithmetic.
- Chapter 18: Teaching Literature
- Different and effective methods for instructing students in subject of literature.
- Chapter 19: The Teacher's Vacation
- The many ways to spend the break following the end of the school term.
- Chapter 20: The Teacher's View of Life
- How the teachers attitude and viewpoint can affect their students.
Sanders, T. (1908). Twenty Talks to Teachers. (Lit2Go ed.). Retrieved April 26, 2017, from
Sanders, Thomas E.. Twenty Talks to Teachers. Lit2Go Edition. 1908. Web. <>. April 26, 2017.
Thomas E. Sanders, Twenty Talks to Teachers, Li2Go edition, (1908), accessed April 26, 2017,.