Use technology to enhance your field trip.
- Students will write and communicate ideas and information effectively.
- Students will understand the competitive, interdependent, cyclic nature of living things in the environment.
- Students will understand and apply media, techniques and processes.
- Use technology to help students learn more on a field trip. Here is an example of the activities we used when we went to the Florida Aquarium in Tampa.
- The teachers went to the Aquarium ahead of time and took digital pictures and video. We used these images to create a scavenger hunt and videos to "preview" the trip to the students.
- Students had a scavenger hunt to complete as they toured the aquarium
that asked them to name pictures of animals and state one fact about
- Then, students chose one animal/fish to go back and research.
The students filled in a template to collect their information.
- When we went back to the classroom, we used this information to make books and movies, write stories and reports.
- Some students also had digital cameras and video cameras to take
pictures and record the events of our day.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers, family members, and others when using technology in the classroom.
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories.
- Gather information and communicate with others using telecommunications, with support from teachers, family members, or student partners.
- iBooks, digital cameras, video cameras, scanners
- Field Trip Destination
- Here are some other ideas for an interactive journey in the Tampa
- The Pier
- Bayfront Center performance
- Grocery store
- Dolphin cruise
- Local park
- Boyd Hill Nature Park
- Sawgrass Lake Park
- Fort DeSoto
- Television station
- Sports complex
- Enterprise Village
- Sponge Docks