Use Timeliner to allow students to make and record observations of plant growth.
- Students will measure the daily growth of their plants.
- Students will write observations.
- Students will describe how organisms change as they grow and mature.
- Students will use basic computer skills for writing.
- Have each student plant a seed in a small cup or milk carton.
- Start a digital journal by creating a weekly timeline in Timeliner.
- Each day have students observe their plants and record their findings in their timeline.
- Have them write descriptions of the plants as well as record their measurements.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes, and other technologies.
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities.
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories.
- Gather information and communicate with others using telecommunications, with support from teachers, family members, or student partners.
- Plant started from a seedling
- Students can take pictures of their plants and insert them into their journal.
- Students can scan leaves or stems of their plants and insert them into their journal.