Create plants and write about them.
- Students use writing processes effectively.
- Students write to communicate ideas and information effectively.
- Students describe patterns of structure and function in living things.
- Students create and communicate a range of subject matter, symbols, and ideas using knowledge of structures and functions of visual arts.
- Have the students take pictures of different plants.
- Import the pictures into Kid Pix.
- Allow students to edit the pictures and create their own plant.
- Write sentences about the plants.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes, and other technologies.
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities.
- Practice responsible use of technology systems and software.
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories.
- Digital Camera
- Kid Pix
- Students could create their own digital garden, putting all of the plants together on one computer, bulletin board or web site.
- Students could research their plants on the Internet.