Use the Internet to teach the students about the Solar System.
- Students recognize that energy may be changed in form with varying efficiency.
- Give students a planet information worksheet to find out if they are hot,cold, gas, or rock.
- Guide students to specific web sites to gather the information.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes, and other technologies.
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers, family members, and others when using technology in the classroom.
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories.
- Web sites on planets
- Students write comparison sentences about the different planets.
- Students gather pictures of the various planets and create a movie.