ETC > NSA Home > Science 6-8 > Weather Newscast
Students will learn about weather patterns and television production while creating a mock weather report.
- Students get an introduction to the use of the digital video camera and also get an introduction to the editing process.
- Students use previous knowledge of weather patterns to predict the weather for the video.
- Students make weather observations using the weather lab and weather instruments. They use the information learned to predict the upcoming weather.
- Students use the digital video camera to perform a mock news weather report. Students record the set various times to get many takes from which to put together a final video.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Apply strategies for identifying and solving routine hardware and software problems that occur during everyday use.
- Use content-specific tools, software, and simulations (e.g., environmental probes, graphing calculators, exploratory environments, Web tools) to support learning and research.
- Apply productivity/multimedia tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, group collaboration, and learning throughout the curriculum.
- Design, develop, publish, and present products (e.g., Web pages, videotapes) using technology resources that demonstrate and communicate curriculum concepts to audiences
- Design, develop, publish, and present products (e.g., Web pages, videotapes) using technology resources that demonstrate and communicate curriculum concepts to audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Digital Video Camera
- Lap Top Computers
- Windows Movie Maker
- Students can use this to do a video of a current weather event or geological event.
ETC > NSA Home > Science 6-8 >Weather Newscast