Students will learn how to survive a hurricane through the use of an interactive website and related worksheets.
- Students will understand the factors that lead to the development of a hurricane.
- Students will be able to identify the stages and categories of storm development.
- Students will learn how to prepare for a hurricane.
- Students will determine the effects of a hurricane on the Florida's physical environment and predict effects to industries.
- After using the Red Cross Disaster pack to read about what to do before, during and after a hurricane, students will go to the web site for Hurricane Strike at http://deved.meted.ucar.edu/hurrican/strike/. Here students will complete 5 worksheets, one for each day, while navigating throughout the site and completing the hurricane preparedness activities.