ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts K-2 >
Students will use an online program to enhance their reading skills and comprehension.
- Students will use the reading process effectively.
- Students will construct meaning from a wide range of texts.
- Students will writes to communicate ideas and information effectively.
- Students will use listening strategies effectively.
- Students will use viewing strategies effectively.
- Students will respond critically to fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and drama.
Students will get their laptops by:
- Wipe hands using "baby wipe"
- Get headset from crate
- Walk to middle room in pod and take their laptop from the cart
- Carry laptop like a "pizza box" back to desk
- Open laptop by corners, turn on laptop, open folder and go to internet
- Sign on Destination Reading
- Check for Tasks/Tests
- Complete assignments/tests
- May go to Exploration or K-8 Kids Place until Reading Group Time has ended.
- Students will go to Teacher Reading group during Reading Block.
- When Reading Group Time has ended students will shut down laptops and return them to the cart.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes, and other technologies.
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities.
- Communicate about technology using developmentally appropriate and accurate terminology.
- Use developmentally appropriate multimedia resources (e.g., interactive books, educational software, elementary multimedia encyclopedias) to support learning.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers, family members, and others when using technology in the classroom.
- Practice responsible use of technology systems and software.
- Destination Reading educational software, by Riverdeep
ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts K-2 > Destination Reading: Students will use an online program to enhance their reading skills and comprehension.