ETC > NSA Home > Arts: Music 3-5 >
Creating a Song
Students will use GarageBand to create a twenty measure song.
- Students will know how to compose short songs and instrumental pieces within specified guidelines and with a variety of traditional and nontraditional sound sources to express an idea or feeling.
- Students will understand how composed music communicates text, ideas, meanings, and emotion.
- Students will know multiple uses of music in the media.
- Students will understand that music preferences reflect one's own personal experiences and respects differing values and tastes in music.
- Students will use the GarageBand program to create a 20 measure song that they can use in future presentations, commercials, and movies.
- The length of the song should be 45-60 seconds.
- The song should include one track of percussion, one track of bass, one track of piano or guitar, and one track of any instrument.
- After students complete their songs, they can transfer their song into iTunes.
- Then they can burn their song onto a cd so they can use for future projects and to share with others.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
- GarageBand software
- iTunes software
ETC > NSA Home > Arts: Music 3-5 > Creating a Song: Students will use GarageBand to create a twenty measure song.