ETC > NSA Home > ESOL 3-5 >
Mexico and Mexican Culture
Students will use technology to increase their knowledge base about Mexico and Mexican Culture.
- Students will be able to locate information on the internet.
- Students will be able to discuss what they have learned and make a brief presentation.
- Students will learn information about current Aztec populations.
- Students will learn information about Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
- Students will learn information about Mexico City.
- Access Yahoo! Kids, locate web page with information (review)
- Group into 3 teams. Assign 1 question to each team. Assign 1 team captain.
- Provide reading/research time.
- Have groups discuss their findings.
- Have each group present their findings.
- Shut down programs/computers.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Internet access
- Yahoo! Kids
ETC > NSA Home > ESOL 3-5 > Mexico and Mexican Culture: Students will use technology to increase their knowledge base about Mexico and Mexican Culture.