ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts K-2 >
Enhancing Literacy with Podcasting
Students will enhance their written stories by adding music, narration, and publishing them as podcasts.
- Students will use writing processes effectively.
- Students will write to communicate ideas and information.
- Students will improvise music to accompany their stories.
- First, students will write a story.
- Then, they will print a hard copy of their story.
- Next,they will use the GarageBand program to add music and record their narration of their stories (see downloadable handout in Materials section below for directions on using GarageBand.)
- Students then create a podcast that will ultimately be uploaded to the school website for open access.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes, and other technologies.
- Use developmentally appropriate multimedia resources (e.g., interactive books, educational software, elementary multimedia encyclopedias) to support learning.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers, family members, and others when using technology in the classroom
- Create developmentally appropriate multimedia products with support from teachers, family members, or student partners.
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories.
- Internet access
- GarageBand software
- GarageBand directions
ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts K-2 > Enhancing Literacy with Podcasting: Students will enhance their written stories by adding music, narration, and publishing them as podcasts.