ETC > NSA Home > Science 3-5 >
Students will use technology to research and create presentations on the solar system.
- Students understand the interaction and organization in the Solar System and the universe and how this affects life on Earth.
- Students recognize the vastness of the universe and the Earth's place in it.
- Students writes to communicate ideas and information effectively.
- Students use speaking strategies effectively.
- First, teacher provides students with a rubric for the assignment.
- Next, students explore the most fascinating facts about a planet through research on the Internet using the search engine Nettrekker - www.nettrekker.com
- Then, students create a PowerPoint presentation with text, music and graphics.
- Students present their PowerPoints to the class.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use general purpose productivity tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, remediate skill deficits, and facilitate learning throughout the curriculum.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Internet Access
- Nettrekker search engine - www.nettrekker.com
- Keynote or PowerPoint software
ETC > NSA Home > Science 3-5 > Solar System: Students will use technology to research and create presentations on the solar system.