ETC > NSA Home > Health and PE 3-5 >
Healthy Tips Podcast
Students create a podcast to share healthy tips with other students.
- Use a K-W-L chart effectively and accurately to guide their learning
- Compare and contrast health-related issues
- Develop personal goals for health and fitness
- Use Garage Band software to record information
- Import recording into i-Tunes to create a podcast to share
- This is a culminating project on health, nutrition, exercise, and sleep.
- Students will complete an ongoing K-W-L chart, using Microsoft Word, to show what they knew, wanted to know, and learned throughout the unit.
- Also, students have completed a Venn diagram on different aspects of the unit.
- Students will use the information to write personal goals for health and fitness.
- This will prepare them to select one or more facts that would be important to share with peers.
- Once the fact(s) are written, the students will report the information to the teacher to be added to a central fact electronic database.
- Next, all of the facts are recorded by the students using Garage Band software.
- Finally, the recordings are imported into i-Tunes as a podcast to share with children their age.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Use telecommunications and online resources (e.g., e-mail, online discussions, Web environments) to participate in collaborative problem-solving activities for the purpose of developing solutions or products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Microsoft Word
- Garage Band
ETC > NSA Home > Health and PE 3-5 > Healthy Tips Podcast: Students create a podcast to share healthy tips with other students.