ETC > NSA Home > Arts: Music 3-5 >
Students will try to replicate the style of classical composers.
- Students will improvise music in the style of a classical composer.
- Students will know music and composers that represent various historical periods and cultures.
- First, teacher divides class into cooperate learning groups.
- Next, give each group a classical composer to study.
- Then, student groups conduct research on their composers on the Internet.
- Then, teacher downloads classical music into an iPod so that the students could listen to examples of their composer's music.
- Then, students will use GarageBand to try to replicate the styles of the classical composers.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
ETC > NSA Home > Arts: Music 3-5 > Music Genres: Students will try to replicate the style of classical composers.