ETC > NSA Home > ESOL 3-5 >
Super Spanish & English!
Students will use an online resource to learn the alphabet in the target language.
- Students will recognize the similarities and differences between their native language and the target language in terms of the pronunciation, alphabet, and forms of written expression.
- Students will know that many people in the United States use languages other that English on a daily basis.
- First, students will access the Super Spanish lesson on the site http://literacycenter.net
- Next, ask students to click on the icon marked letters. They will see the uppercase letter A, and hear it said in Spanish. They can click the letter to hear it again.
- Then, ask students to click on every letter of the Spanish alphabet.
- Have students complete the worksheet that goes along with the webpage - http://literacycenter.net/lessonview_es.htm#
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
ETC > NSA Home > Foreign Language 3-5 > Super Spanish & English!: Students will use an online resource to learn the alphabet in the target language.