ETC > NSA Home > Health and PE 3-5 >
Students will use an interactive website to learn about school safety.
- Students comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Students analyze the influence of culture, media, technology, and other factors on health.
- Using laptops, students will visit an interactive website called greensquad at http://nrdc.org/greensquad/intro
- Students will work both individually and in groups on the various activities on the site which provides simulations of a school environment.
- Students are asked to examine different parts of the school (i.e., classrooms, cafeteria, playground, gymnasium, etc.) and identify the environmental hazards.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use general purpose productivity tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, remediate skill deficits, and facilitate learning throughout the curriculum.
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Internet access
ETC > NSA Home > Health and PE 3-5 > School Safety: Students will use an interactive website to learn about school safety.