ETC > NSA Home > Health and PE 3-5 >
Lungs-Individual and Community Choices
Students will gain a better understanding of how individuals and communities make health decisions.
- Students will comprehend concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Students will know health enhancing behaviors and how to reduce health risks.
- Students will know how to use goal-setting and decision-making skills which enhance health.
- Review vocabulary: lungs, renewable energy, nonrenewable energy, air pollution, trachea, bronchiole tubes, alveoli, inhale, exhale
- Review lungs and breathing.
- Use Brainpop to review air pathway in body.
- Discuss dangers of smoking and reinforce with pictures of black lungs.
- Investigate other sources of black lungs, i.e coal mining.
- Summarize and end on individual health choices and community health decisions.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use general purpose productivity tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, remediate skill deficits, and facilitate learning throughout the curriculum.
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
- lung models
- google search for black lungs
ETC > NSA Home > Health and PE 3-5 > Making Good Health Decisions: Making Good Health Decisions: Students will gain a better understanding of how individuals and communities make health decisions.