ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 6-8 >
Ancient Mesopotamian and Egyptian Writing
Students will learn about ancient forms of communication using the internet, inspiration and clay tablets.
- Students will research cuneiform and hieroglyphics from the internet.
- Students will use an Inspiration template for a venn diagram and record their data.
- Students will be able to scribe on clay tablets.
- Students will go to the websites for cuneiform - type in ''Write like a Babylonian'' and www.eyelid.co.uk/hiero1.htm and other related websites.
- Students will utilize Inspiration 7.5 on the wireless laptop to create a venn diagram of Egyptian/Mesopotamian writing.
- Students will use clay tablets and scribe a business transaction, in cunieform.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use content-specific tools, software, and simulations to support learning and research.
- Select and use appropriate tools and technology resources to accomplish a variety of tasks and solve problems.
- Wireless computer cart - includes 21 laptops
- Internet Access
- Inspiration 7.5
- 3 inches x 3 inches x 1/2 inches clay squares
ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 6-8 > Ancient Mesopotamian and Egyptian Writing: Students will learn about ancient forms of communication using the internet, inspiration and clay tablets.