ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts 3-5 >
The Necklace of Teeth Comic Strip
Students will use technology to create a comic strip which identifies the major events in a story.
- Students will identify the major events of fictional text
- Students will retell a story by illustrating the major events in the form of a comic strip
- Students will orally present projects
- Read/discuss story orally with class
- Place students into groups of two to identify the major events
- Each group illustrates the major events using Comic Life software to retell the story
- Groups will present projects to class
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use general purpose productivity tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, remediate skill deficits, and facilitate learning throughout the curriculum.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Storyworks: April/May 2006 edition pg. 8-12
- 1 laptop per student
- Comic Life software
- Have students create a slide show in Keynote identifying the major narrative elements in the story.
ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts 3-5 > The Necklace of Teeth Comic Strip: Students will use technology to create a comic strip which identifies the major events in a story.