ETC > NSA Home > Science K-2 >
Students will use a graphic organizer to further their understanding of clouds.
- Read a piece of literature on clouds with assistance
- Read the science textbook for foundational information on the earth’s atmosphere
- Discuss atmospheric changes
- Discuss clouds by cloud type and associated weather conditions
- Diagram information on clouds using graphic organizers
- The students will read the science textbook with the teacher’s assistance to gain basic understanding on the topic: clouds, weather, and atmospheric conditions.
- Also, students will read The Cloud Book, by Tomie de Paola.
- Next, students will work individually on laptops with Kidspiration software to develop a map on clouds identifying atmospheric conditions, color and type, and what type of weather each indicates.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities.
- Use developmentally appropriate multimedia resources (e.g., interactive books, educational software, elementary multimedia encyclopedias) to support learning.
- Use technology resources (e.g., puzzles, logical thinking programs, writing tools, digital cameras, drawing tools) for problem solving, communication, and illustration of thoughts, ideas, and stories.
- Kidpiration software available from http://www.inspiration.com/productinfo/kidspiration
- The Cloud Book, by Tomie de Paola
ETC > NSA Home > Science K-2 > Clouds: Students will use a graphic organizer to further their understanding of clouds.