ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 3-5 >
Independent Studies Movies
Students will choose a period of history to research and create a movie.
- To become experts on a particular part of history.
- To select what information is most important when researching the topic.
- To be able to share that knowledge with others, through application toward a presentation.
- Students work in pairs and choose a chapter, which interests them, from the social studies textbook that we will NOT get to at the end of the year.
- They research it from a variety of sources, including the Internet.
- They create a folder on the computer desktop to collect a minimum of 20 photos, graphs, etc. on their topic.
- They write a script based on the most important information to share with the class on their topic.
- They need to include two people from the period of history to include ( one biography for each of the two students) in the imovie.
- Bring the photos into the imovie program. Include titles, special effects, transitions, the Ken Burns effect.
- Practice reading the script in short segments, and then record it.
- Link the script to the pictures.
- Add any last effects, or titles, and a music track if desired.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use general purpose productivity tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, remediate skill deficits, and facilitate learning throughout the curriculum.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Computers for all students
- Internet access
- Additional reference materials
ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 3-5 > Independent Studies Movies: Students will choose a period of history to research and create a movie.