ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 3-5 >
Google Earth Virtual Vacation
Students will take a virtual vacation using Google Earth and then create a travel guide to share with others.
- Students will be able to use the internet as a research tool
- Students will be able to navigate a website
- Students will be able to use map skills
- Students will understand the importance of the role of economics in their lives
- Students will understand the history of Miami Beach
- Students will understand how human activity affects the physical environment
- Students will know ways in which people view and relate to places and regions differently
- Whole group instruction via television monitor
- Introduce and demonstrate a virtual world tour through earth.google.com
- Introduce and explain worksheet and expectations of assignment
- Students will independently complete worksheet using their wireless laptop
- Upon completion of worksheet, students will reassemble in a whole group setting to review and discuss their findings
- Brainstorm with students as to how they want to create a Travel Guide using Technology
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Students use technology tools to enhance learning, increase productivity, and promote creativity.
- Students use productivity tools to collaborate in constructing technology-enhanced models, prepare publications, and produce other creative works.
- Students use technology to locate, evaluate, and collect information from a variety of sources.
- Students use technology tools to process data and report results.
- Students evaluate and select new information resources and technological innovations based on the appropriateness for specific tasks.
- Wireless laptops
- Google Earth, get free program at earth.google.com
- Television or computer monitor
- World globe or world map
- Student generated Travel Guide based on the areas visited through the virtual vacation.
ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 3-5 > Google Earth Virtual Vacation: Students will take a virtual vacation using Google Earth and then create a travel guide to share with others.