ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts 3-5 >
Students will use technology to research information about dinosaurs and use that information to create a Keynote slide show presentation.
- Students will use research to tell facts about different types of dinosaurs
- Students will use multimedia to present facts.
- Students will use effective speaking strategies
- Assign students to cooperative learning groups(2-3 students per group)
- Assign each group a dinosaur name
- Provide each student with a piece of construction paper
- Have students fold the paper into fourths to create a story board
- Have the students write the following words in a separate box on the story board; size, diet, habitat, and three interesting facts.
- Provide each group with a laptop
- Students will use the Internet and search engines to collect information on their dinosaur
- Upon completion of the story board, students will create a slide show presentation
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use general purpose productivity tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, remediate skill deficits, and facilitate learning throughout the curriculum.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Construction paper
- Internet access
- Presentation software(Keynote or Powerpoint)
- Students can present slide show for other third grade classes or different grade levels
ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts 3-5 > Discovering Dinosaurs: Students will use technology to research information about dinosaurs and use that information to create a Keynote slide show presentation.