ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 3-5 >
Inventors and their Inventions
Students will use an online resources to learn about inventors and their inventions and then create a presentation.
- Students will read in various texts about inventors and inventions.
- Students will learn about inventors and inventions while doing a Web Search on the Internet using search engines.
- Each student will pick one inventor/invention to research on the Internet and complete a Keynote/PowerPoint presentation.
- Students will read in Social Studies texts, novels, online sites about inventors and inventions and complete a questionnaire.
- Students will complete a Web Quest about inventors and inventions.
- Teacher will model a Keynote presentation of The Wright Brothers.
- Class will create a scoring rubric together.
- Students will create a presentation mockup using a manila folder and 3x6 cards (one card to represent each slide).
- Students (pairs if necessary) will complete a Keynote/PowerPoint presentation on one specific inventor.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Uses keyboards and other common input and output devices efficiently and effectively.
- Use general-purpose productivity tools and peripherals to support personal productivity, remediate skill deficits, and facilitate learning throughout the curriculum.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools) for individual and collaborative writing, communications, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Use telecommunications and online resources (e.g., e-mail, online discussions, web environments) to participate in collaborative problem-solving activities for the purpose of developing solutions or products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Internet access
- LCD projector
- Presentation Software
- Students will create transitions for multimedia presentations using www.atomiclearning.com
- Students will compete in a school wide multimedia competition presenting to other classes.
- Students will compose essays about their inventor/inventions.
- Students will study Bernoulli’s Law and make their own paper airplanes.
ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 3-5 > Inventors and their Inventions: Students will use an online resources to learn about inventors and their inventions and then create a presentation.