ETC > NSA Home > Science K-2 >
Students will conduct online research to further their knowledge of Platyhelminthes.
- Students will understand that structures of living things are adapted to their function in specific environments.
- Students will know that there are many different kinds of living things that live in a variety of environments.
- Students will know that animals can be associated with their environment by an examination of their structural characteristics
- This lesson is part of an invertebrate study and is an extension of a study on Platyhelminthes.
- First, students use www.nettrekker.com (an age and content appropriate website) to find and copy a picture of a Platyhelminthes that interests them. and then find facts about it.
- Then, the students will find facts about their flatworm.
- Next, they will import the information they find into an AppleWorks document
- Then, they can print the information and also save it as their own personal file.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use input devices (e.g., mouse, keyboard, remote control) and output devices (e.g., monitor, printer) to successfully operate computers, VCRs, audiotapes, and other technologies.
- Use a variety of media and technology resources for directed and independent learning activities.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with peers, family members, and others when using technology in the classroom.
- Internet access
- AppleWorks software (or Microsoft Word )
ETC > NSA Home > Science K-2 > Invertebrate Study: Students will conduct online research to further their knowledge of Platyhelminthes.