ETC > NSA Home > Music 3-5 >
2 Black Keys, 3 Black Keys
Students will use technology to help them learn the 3 black keys and the 2 black keys on the piano.
- Students will respond to cues of teachers when singing as part of a group.
- Students will perform melodies and patterns on the piano keyboard.
- Students will perform on piano keyboard and respond to tempo, balance, and blend cues of a conductor.
- First, review where the 3 black keys and the 2 black keys are on the keyboard.
- Then, teacher leads class in song about 3 black keys and 2 black keys.
- Then, students use laptops to visit the website www.PianoNanny.com which has different lessons for beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Next, students go to another website musictheory.net to build on their understanding of using the keyboard.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, Web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Internet Access
- Active Board
ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts K-2 > 2 Black Keys, 3 Black Keys: Students will use technology to help them learn the 3 black keys and the 2 black keys on the piano.