ETC > NSA Home > Foreign Languages 9-12 >
Students will use an instant messenger program to set up a video chat with people from other cultures outside of school.
- The students will be able to engage in conversation, express feelings and emotions, and exchange opinions in the target language.
- The students will be able to acquire information and perspectives that are available only through the foreign language and with the target culture.
- The students will use the language within and beyond the school setting
- Ask students to write questions that they would like to ask someone who speaks a foreign language.
- Using an Instant Messanger program such as iChat set up a video chat between students with one or more other people outside of school.
- iChat can be use with GarageBand to record chat sessions.
- GarageBand will create a track for each person in the chat session. It will also take snapshots of the participants throughout the chat session.
- Once the chat is saved in GarageBand it can be saved in iTunes where it can be made into a podcast.
- The chat can also be sent to iWeb which is a web design application included in iLife ’06.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Identify capabilities and limitations of contemporary and emerging technology resources and assess the potential of these systems and services to address personal, lifelong learning, and workplace needs.
- Use technology tools and resources for managing and communicating personal/professional information (e.g., finances, schedules, addresses, purchases, correspondence).
- Internet Access
- Instant messaging program (i.e., iChat, AIM, MS Instant Messenger,Yahoo Messenger, Skype, or Gizmo)
ETC > NSA Home > Foreign Languages 9-12 > Video Chat: Students will use an instant messenger program to set up a video chat with people from other cultures outside of school.