ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts 3-5 >
Students will use a blog to post reflections on books they are reading.
- Students will write to communicate ideas and information effectively.
- Students will understand the common features of a variety of literary forms
- First, create a class blog in 3 easy steps at http://www.blogger.com
1. Create an account
- 2. Name your blog
- 3. Choose a template
- Next, email the students in your class and invite them to join the class blog.
- Then, have students post reflections on the books they are reading.
- In addition, ask each student to comment on at least two of their classmates' reflections.
- Ask the class if there are students and adults at their school and outside of school that they would like to send an invitation to join the class blog.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Demonstrate knowledge of current changes in information technologies and the effect those changes have on the workplace and society.
- Design, develop, publish, and present products (e.g., Web pages, videotapes) using technology resources that demonstrate and communicate curriculum concepts to audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Collaborate with peers, experts, and others using telecommunications and collaborative tools to investigate curriculum-related problems, issues, and information, and to develop solutions or products for audiences inside and outside the classroom.
- Internet access
- Blogger http://www.blogger.com
ETC > NSA Home > Language Arts 3-5 > LIterature Blog: Students will use a blog to post reflections on books they are reading.