ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 3-5 >
Students will enhance and apply their knowledge of state information by using an active board and conducting research on the internet.
- Review state locations, while also extending previous research to a more specific focus.
- Students will work on the whiteboard to apply their knowledge of state information (area, population) by labeling a map. Discussion will take place while the students are completing this task.
- Students will design a compass rose on the map, labeling both cardinal and intermediate directions.
- Students will work independently on the laptops to find information which they will synthesize in order to complete their worksheet.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Use keyboards and other common input and output devices (including adaptive devices when necessary) efficiently and effectively.
- Determine when technology is useful and select the appropriate tool(s) and technology resources to address a variety of tasks and problems.
- Promethean interactive whiteboard
- Laptop with internet access
- Scavenger Hunt download worksheet
- Students could complete a study on the boundary of the state.
- Students could complete a study on a different state.
ETC > NSA Home > Social Studies 3-5 >State Research: Students will enhance and apply their knowledge of state information by using an active board and conducting research on the internet.