ETC > NSA Home > Science 9-12 >
Students use a wiki to communicate and share reflections on their physics class.
- Students will write text, notes, outlines, comments, and observations that demonstrate comprehension and synthesis of content, processes, and experiences from a variety of media.
- Students will write fluently for a variety of occasions, audiences, and purposes, making appropriate choices regarding style, tone, level of detail, and organization.
- Set up a class wiki page using pbwiki.com as a forum for students to exchange their thoughts. To see an example wiki for a high school physics class go to http://gophysics.pbwiki.com
- Each student will be given the password to the wiki. The password for the gophysics wiki is ''startrekrules''
- The gophysics wiki includes links for Frequently Asked Questions, Homework Help, Labs, Chapter Summaries by students, Calendar, Assignments, Parent Comments, and Extra Credit.
Sunshine State Standards
NETS Profiles for Technology Literate Students
- Identify capabilities and limitations of contemporary and emerging technology resources and assess the potential of these systems and services to address personal, lifelong learning, and workplace needs.
- Use technology tools and resources for managing and communicating personal/professional information (e.g., finances, schedules, addresses, purchases, correspondence).
- Routinely and efficiently use online information resources to meet needs for collaboration, research, publication, communication, and productivity.
- Collaborate with peers, experts, and others to contribute to a content-related knowledge base by using technology to compile, synthesize, produce, and disseminate information, models, and other creative works.
- Internet Access
ETC > NSA Home > Science 9-12 > Physics Wiki: Students use a wiki to communicate and share reflections on their physics class.