Online Photo Sharing Video Tutorials
- Setting Up a Flickr Account (1m10s, 1.7 MB)
This movie shows you how to set up a free Flickr account. Flickr is an online photo sharing site.
- Uploading Photos: Part 1 (1m23s, 1.9 MB)
This movie shows you how to upload photos to Flickr once you've set up your account.
- Uploading Photos: Part 2 (1m17s, 1.9 MB)
You can also upload photos to Flickr using one of the uploader programs available on the site. This movie shows you how to upload photos using the Mac uploader.
- Editing Photo Information (1m8s, 1.5 MB)
This movie shows you how to add tags and a description to your photos once you upload them to Flickr, as well as how to edit the additional information stored with each photo.
- Adding Notes (1m9s, 1.5 MB)
Learn how to create annotated images on Flickr using the Add Note feature.
- Flickr Slideshows (1m7s, 1.5 MB)
This movie demonstrates the slideshow feature of Flickr.
- Organizing Your Photos Using Sets (54s, 1.1 MB)
This movie shows you how to organize your photos into sets. Sets can be used to group similar images together.
- Using the Organizr (48s, 1 MB)
This movie shows you how to work on more than one photo at a time using the Organizr. The movie shows you how to add multiple photos to a set, but the Organizr can be used to add the same tag to multiple photos and perform other batch actions.
- How to Subscribe to Groups (1m6s, 1.6 MB)
Groups allow you to share photos with other Flickr users and to have discussions about them. This movie shows you how to find and subscribe to groups on Flickr.
- How to Add a Photo to a Group Pool (34s, 736 KB)
This movie shows you how to add a photo to a group pool so that it is shared with other group members. Any group member can then add notes or comments to the photo, regardless of the privacy settings.
- How to Remove a Photo from a Group Pool (45s, 1 MB)
This movie shows you how to remove a photo from a group pool so that it is no longer accessible to members of that group. The photo is not removed from your account.
- Creating Your Own Groups on Flickr (1m2s, 1.5 MB)
This movie shows you how to create a group on Flickr. There are three types of groups that can be created on Flickr: public, public (invitation only), and private.
- Setting Up Blogging Support for Flickr (1m41s, 2.5 MB)
This movie shows you how to set up blogging support on Flickr. The movie shows you how to configure Flickr to post to a Wordpress blog, but the steps for configuring other blogs are very similar.
- Posting a Flickr Photo to a Blog (57s, 1.3 MB)
This movie shows you how to create a blog post with a Flickr photo.
- Downloading Photos from Flickr (43s, 1008 KB)
This movie shows you how photos can be downloaded from Flickr. You can download each photo at different dimensions.
- Maps Feature (1m39s, 2.2 MB)
Flickr recently added the ability to add location information to photos (known as "geotagging"). This movie shows you how to use the map feature of Flickr to add location information to your photos.
- Exploring Flickr (1m21s, 2.6 MB)
This movie shows you different ways you can explore the photos available on Flickr.
- Creative Commons (1m8s, 2 MB)
This movie introduces Creative Commons licenses and shows you how to access the Creative Commons section of the Flickr website.
- Flickr RSS Feeds (42s, 932 MB)
This movie shows you how to view the RSS feed for your Flickr account using Safari, which has a built-in RSS reader.
- Creating a Badge (1m15s, 2.2 MB)
This movie shows you how to create a badge you can use to display your Flickr images on a blog or website.