This tutorial covers the navigation shortcuts for reading the contents of a web page with NVDA.
- NVDA Web Navigation Video Tutorial
- Video Tutorial: Bigger Version (.mov, 5 MB)
- Directions (HTML)
- Print Directions (Tagged PDF)
- The Plus (+) button on the numeric keypad: begins reading a web page from the top.
- H and Shift H: moves the focus to the next or previous heading if the web designer has included headings on the web page.
- Insert, Down Arrow: begins reading from the current position on the web page.
The heading navigation shortcuts (H and Shift H) provide more efficient navigation of a web page by allowing the listener to skip to specific parts of the page. However, these shortcuts will only work if the web designer has included headings to indicate the structure of the web page.