With iPhoto, you can also create your own beautifully designed photo books to print yourself, or you can have them professionally bound and shipped directly to you. In your photo book, you can add your own text and choose from a variety of professionally designed themes.
To create a new book in iPhoto:
- Select an album or a group of pictures you want to include in the book.
- Click on the Book icon at the bottom of the iPhoto window.
- Select a book type and size from the pulldown menu at the top of the window, as well as a theme (or layout) from the column on the left.
- You can click on the Options + Prices button to see pricing options if you decide to have your book professionally printed. Pricing information will be displayed in your web browser once you click on this button. Note that small softcover books must be purchased in packs of three.
- You will see a photo browser at the top of the window. You can view thumbnails of the pages included in your book by clicking on the top button on the left, or you can view all the pictures available for your book by clicking on the bottom button.
- Click on the bottom button to view unused pictures (pictures that have not been included in your book) and begin to drag photos from the photo browser to the placeholders in the book design.
- You can click on any titles or other text to edit it.
- You can also change the fonts used by clicking in the Settings button.
- A quick way to create a book is by clicking on the Autoflow button. iPhoto will then fill your books with any unused photos in the photo browser.
- You can change the design of any individual page by selecting it in the photo browser at the top and then choosing a new layout using the Page Type pulldown menu.
- Once you have set up your book, you can click on the Buy Book button to connect to the Apple website and purchase your book.
You can also just print your book by first saving it as a PDF document. To save your book as a PDF document, choose File, Print. After assembling your book, iPhoto will open the Print dialog box. Select PDF, Save as PDF at the bottom of the window to save your book as a PDF document that can be opened with Preview or Acrobat Reader for printing.