Roman Lighthouse, and Part of St. Mary's Church, Dover
The lighthouse on the Eastern Heights still stands in the grounds of Dover Castle to 80 foot (24 m) high close to its original height, and has been adapted for use as the bell tower of the adjacent castle church of St Mary de Castro.
KeywordsChristian, chapel, place of worship, Abbey, parish, minster, cathedral lighthouse dover england
Rev. C. Arthur Lane Illustrated Notes on English Church History (London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1901)