Forsyth Park is a large city park that occupies 30 acres in the historic district of Savannah, Georgia. The park was originally created in the 1840s on 10 acres of land donated by William Hodgson. In 1851, the park was expanded and named for Georgia Governor John Forsyth. At the north end of the park is a large, majestic fountain that was added in 1858.
J. G. Holland Scribner's Monthly, An Illustrated Magazine for the People (New York, NY: Scribner & Co., 1874)