Chateau de Coucy
The Château de Coucy is a French castle in the commune of Coucy-le-Château-Auffrique, in the département of Aisne, built in the 13th century and renovated by Viollet-le-Duc in the 19th. In 1917, the German army dynamited the keep and the four towers using 28 tons of explosives.
GalleriesFrench Buildings and Monuments
Encyclopaedia Britannica (11th ed., vol. 5) (New York, NY: The Encyclopaedia Britannica Company, 1910)