Wilbad Kreuth is a quiet little town located in the mountains of Bavaria. Early in the sixteenth century, possibly in the latter part of the fifteenth century, the place where the modern town or village now stands was owned by the Abbey of Terganese, and the invalid monks of the brotherhood came from distant monasteries to for their health. They drank in the invigorating air from the mountains, and read their missal under the shade of the trees in the valley. In the Emperor’s day the little town became a miniature court with many coming for the health benefits they believed it offered.
DeColange, Leo The Heart of Europe from the Rhine to the Danube (Boston, MA: Estes and Lauriat, Publishers, 1883)