British Royal Navy H.M.S. Erebus Battleship
British Royal Navy battleship, H.M.S. Erebus. The ship was completed in 1870, at Napier shipyard as H.M.S. Invincible. In 1904, the ship’s name was changed to H.M.S. Erebus. The ship has a coal steam engine powering six boilers and sailing masts.
Keywordsbattleship, British Navy Battleship, H.M.S Erebus British Royal Navy Battleship, HMS Erebus Class, H.M.S. Invincible Ship
Encyclopaedia Britannica (12th ed., vol. 32) (New York, NY: The Encyclopaedia Britannica Company, 1922)